28 Jul The Road to a $100M Company Doesn’t Start with Product
In the introduction to this series I made the point that Product Market Fit isn’t the only thing that matters. It is actually only one of four fits needed to grow a product to $100M+ in a venture-backed time frame.
While Product Market Fit isn’t the only thing that matters, it is important, so it makes sense that there are no shortage of blog posts explaining Product Market Fit, and how to get it.
Instead of echoing the many great Product Market Fit explainer posts out there, I’m going to focus on the 5 elements of Product Market Fit that I believe are most misunderstood and overlooked:
- The wrong way to search for Product Market Fit.
- Why we should be thinking about it as Market Product Fit.
- How we defined our market and product hypotheses for early versions of HubSpot Sales.
- What the search for market product fit looks like in reality, not just in theory.
- Qualitative, Quantitative, and Intuitive signals of market product fit.